Every iPhone CPU from the iPhone 6 to iPhone 7 were throttled, then iPhone 8 to iPhone X were throttled & now the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max & iPhone XR get throttling software

Arlen Holder

Feb 8, 2020, 12:04:47 AM2/8/20
Every iPhone CPU from the iPhone 6 to iPhone 7 were throttled, then iPhone
8 to iPhone X were throttled & now the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max & iPhone XR
get throttling software!

*Remember when Apple essentially lied to Congress?*
o Don't worry, Apple probably won't throttle your iPhone X or 8
<https://www.cnet.com/news/apple-likely-wont-throttle-iphone-x-or-8/>
"In Apple's rebuttal to congress, the company says its newest
iPhones have unspecified 'hardware updates' that prevent them
from needing to be slowed down like the iPhone 6 or 6S."

The record shows, on December 20, 2017, I was the first to report to the
m.p.m.i newsgroup the secret, drastic, and permanent CPU throttling which
Apple foisted on unwitting customers, blaming, of all things, battery
chemistry (which only a fool would believe as an excuse).
o Report says Apple 'Powerd' code secretly slows your iOS device down to trick you into buying a new device
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/GdEtzzrc9F0/z57KTsmWAQAJ>

I was also the first to report to that same newsgroup that all the iPhones
up to the iPhone X were forced to have the previously secret CPU throttling
software, despite the apologists like nospam brazenly denying even that
which Apple admitted:
o Last year iPhones get controversial processor throttling feature after all
<https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/10/31/18047174/iphone-x-8-plus-performance-throttling-battery-management-ios-12-1-update>
"With iOS 12.1, Apple has brought its controversial
'performance management feature' (aka, throttling)
to the iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and iPhone X"

o Every indication is that the new line of astronomically-priced Apple
iPhones are just as flawed as the iPhone 6 to 7 to 8 to X are
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/1RiqBADD-vE/Hry3kQmMFAAJ>

*But wait... there's more!*

Just today, the BBC reported Apple must pay a fine & publish for a month
the admission that Apple admits they purposefully committed a crime:
o *Apple fined for slowing down old iPhones*
<https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-51413724>

We find out, through that BBC article, that the iPhone XS, XS Max and XR
now have this lovely CPU throttling "feature" as of the iOS 13.1 release!

Which iPhone CPUs are throttled?
o *iPhone 6*, *iPhone 6 Plus*, *iPhone 6S*, *iPhone 6S Plus*
o *iPhone SE*
o *iPhone 7* and *iPhone 7 Plus*
o *iPhone 8* and *iPhone 8 Plus* running iOS 12.1 or higher
o *iPhone X* running iOS 12.1 or higher
o *iPhone XS*, *iPhone XS Max* and *iPhone XR* running iOS 13.1 or higher

Bear in mind every iPhone benchmark must be halved to be realistic.
--
Bringing adult TRUTH to these Apple newsgroups, one fact at a time.

Arlen Holder

Feb 8, 2020, 1:38:44 PM2/8/20
> Bear in mind every iPhone benchmark must be halved to be realistic.

*You have to admit Apple MARKETING is brilliant!*

For a paltry 25 million euros and admission of a crime for a month,
Apple now gets to legally throttle almost every iPhone on this planet
(to about half speed, in about a year or so, & sell 'em batteries!)!

How brilliant is that!
o *It's sheer marketing genius!*

--
o What is the most brilliant marketing move Apple ever made?
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/wW-fu0jsvAU/s6gu-hj2BwAJ>

Alan Baker

Feb 8, 2020, 8:51:25 PM2/8/20
Bear in mind that pretty much nothing this poster says can be trusted.

Alan Baker

Feb 8, 2020, 9:12:03 PM2/8/20
On 2020-02-08 10:38 a.m., Arlen Holder wrote:
>> Bear in mind every iPhone benchmark must be halved to be realistic.
>
> *You have to admit Apple MARKETING is brilliant!*
>

> For a paltry 25 million euros and admission of a crime for a month,
> Apple now gets to legally throttle almost every iPhone on this planet
> (to about half speed, in about a year or so, & sell 'em batteries!)!
>

> How brilliant is that!
> o *It's sheer marketing genius!*

Apple didn't admit to a crime, Liar.

Arlen Holder

Feb 8, 2020, 9:17:54 PM2/8/20
On Sat, 8 Feb 2020 17:51:21 -0800, Alan Baker wrote:

> Bear in mind that pretty much nothing this poster says can be trusted.

And yet, in this thread, EVERYTHING I said is a well-known published fact.

Why do apologists _fear_ facts so much?
o I don't know why.

*I suspect facts conflict with apologists' imaginary belief systems.*

Historically, apologists incessantly brazenly deny even what Apple admits:
o *What is wrong with the Apple Apologists that they deny even what Apple admitted?*
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/fyL1cQUVCp0/e5J-nW0hBAAJ>

That's from years ago, and it's as true today as it was then, & before.
o Apologists have only 7 responses to facts; none of which are adult.
--
Apologists incessantly brazenly deny even what Apple openly admits.

Alan Baker

Feb 8, 2020, 9:20:25 PM2/8/20
On 2020-02-08 6:17 p.m., Arlen Holder wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Feb 2020 17:51:21 -0800, Alan Baker wrote:
>
>> Bear in mind that pretty much nothing this poster says can be trusted.
>
> And yet, in this thread, EVERYTHING I said is a well-known published fact.

You mean like the well-known published "fact" that the text you get when
turning on dictation settings in iOS was "Apple's Privacy Policy"...

...when that text actually referenced Apple's Privacy policy as a
separate document?

Arlen Holder

Feb 9, 2020, 5:13:45 AM2/9/20
On Sat, 8 Feb 2020 18:20:23 -0800, Alan Baker wrote:

>> And yet, in this thread, EVERYTHING I said is a well-known published fact.
>
> You mean like the well-known published "fact" that the text you get when
> turning on dictation settings in iOS was "Apple's Privacy Policy"...
>
> ...when that text actually referenced Apple's Privacy policy as a
> separate document?

Alan Baker,

You apologists have only 7 responses to fact you don't like; none adult.
o Where in this thread did I talk about iOS dictation?

What you apologists do when there's a fact you don't like, is you change
the subject to any old topic that has _nothing_ to do with this thread.

The facts in this thread are that Apple now adds throttling software to
almost every iPhone out there, where the facts are that with every recent
iOS release, Apple throttles _more_ and _more_ iPhones.

No other smartphone OEM throttles phones like Apple does, where we said in
the past that Apple MARKETING is brilliant in that throttling almost every
iPhone out there is clearly a key part of Apple's fundamental business
plan.

FACT:
*Every recent major Apple release throttles a _new_ set of iPhones!*
o *iOS 10*: iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus running iOS 10.2.1 or higher
o : iPhone SE running iOS 10.2.1 or higher
o *iOS 11*: iPhone 7 and 7 Plus running iOS 11.2 or higher
o *iOS 12*: iPhone 8 and 8 Plus running iOS 12.1 or higher
o : iPhone X running iOS 12.1 or higher
o *iOS 13*: iPhone XS, XS Max and XR running iOS 13.1 or higher

We can only predict an iOS 14 release will throttle the latest iPhones too.
--
Apple is drunk on throttling CPUs as part of their basic business practice.

Alan Baker

Feb 9, 2020, 11:36:44 AM2/9/20
On 2020-02-09 2:13 a.m., Arlen Holder wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Feb 2020 18:20:23 -0800, Alan Baker wrote:
>
>>> And yet, in this thread, EVERYTHING I said is a well-known published fact.
>>
>> You mean like the well-known published "fact" that the text you get when
>> turning on dictation settings in iOS was "Apple's Privacy Policy"...
>>
>> ...when that text actually referenced Apple's Privacy policy as a
>> separate document?
>
> Alan Baker,

<snip>

Deal with what I said:

Did you call a tech note you could see while turning on Dictation
Services "Apple's Privacy Policy"?

Yes or no.

Arlen Holder

Feb 10, 2020, 3:23:05 AM2/10/20
On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 08:36:42 -0800, Alan Baker wrote:

> Did you call a tech note you could see while turning on Dictation
> Services "Apple's Privacy Policy"?

What does that off-topic question have to do with the topic, Alan Baker?
--
Apologists are so deathly afraid of facts that they have only 7 responses
to facts they don't like: none of which are adult.

Alan Baker

Feb 10, 2020, 12:16:57 PM2/10/20
On 2020-02-10 12:23 a.m., Arlen Holder wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 08:36:42 -0800, Alan Baker wrote:
>
>> Did you call a tech note you could see while turning on Dictation
>> Services "Apple's Privacy Policy"?
>
> What does that off-topic question have to do with the topic, Alan Baker?

Let's put back what you just snipped out:

>>> And yet, in this thread, EVERYTHING I said is a well-known published fact.
>>
>> You mean like the well-known published "fact" that the text you get when
>> turning on dictation settings in iOS was "Apple's Privacy Policy"...
>>
>> ...when that text actually referenced Apple's Privacy policy as a
>> separate document?

It addresses your credibility, Liar.

You CLAIM you only state facts, but I have a clear case where not only
did you not state a fact, you refused to acknowledge it wasn't a fact
even when it was proven to you in excruciating detail.

Arlen Holder

Mar 6, 2020, 12:27:55 PM3/6/20
UPDATE:

Given throttling news was first broken to this ng way back in 2017
o Report says Apple 'Powerd' code secretly slows your iOS device
down to trick you into buying a new device
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/GdEtzzrc9F0/z57KTsmWAQAJ>

Apple in 2020 agreed to intentionally _secretly_ shortening iPhone
lifespan:
o Apple agrees to pay 25 million euros fine as Apple admits
"Apple committed the crime of deceptive commercial practice by omission"
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/l6gAjvW6aqQ>

With Apple finally admitting their guilt of a purposefully crafted criminal
offense in France, you'd think their admission they intentionally secretly
shortened the life of iPhones would grease the skids on the other lawsuits.

FACT:
o Under French law it is a _crime_ to intentionally shorten lifespan
of a product with the aim of making customers replace it.
<https://i.postimg.cc/rszF8z5S/crime05.jpg>
FACT:
o DGCRF, which is part of the French government, levied a _criminal_ fine:
<https://i.postimg.cc/d11sJLYJ/crime02.jpg>
FACT:
o *Apple did not contest that _criminal_ fine the government levied*:
<https://i.postimg.cc/HnL1QKxH/crime03.jpg>
FACT:
o *Apple accepted wrongdoing & said they will pay the _criminal_ fine*
<https://i.postimg.cc/jjkFp5dV/crime04.jpg>

Given that recent seminal development that Apple admitted to that crime...
o You'd think that fact would further along the pending related lawsuits.

JF Mezei has reported on the current status of the Canadian lawsuit:
o Quebec class action goes ahead (battery gate)
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/jmDdZewelrk>

And Alan Browne reported on the final status of the American lawsuit:
o Apple agrees to settle class action in US over throttling- $500M.
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/BR4edQQisYg>

Where the facts are clearly shown in this post, if people believe facts:
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/0zzVpdtAa_k/sYYAq6p0AQAJ>

Given those facts...
o Do you know of related lawsuits in other relevant developed countries?
--
Apologists believe what Apple says so much they hate what Apple does.

Alan Baker

Mar 6, 2020, 12:54:10 PM3/6/20
On 2020-03-06 9:27 a.m., Arlen Holder wrote:
> UPDATE:
>
> Given throttling news was first broken to this ng way back in 2017
> o Report says Apple 'Powerd' code secretly slows your iOS device
> down to trick you into buying a new device
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/GdEtzzrc9F0/z57KTsmWAQAJ>

If a "report says"...

...link to the report...

...AND provide the appropriate quote, Liar.

> Apple in 2020 agreed to intentionally _secretly_ shortening iPhone
> lifespan:
> o Apple agrees to pay 25 million euros fine as Apple admits
> "Apple committed the crime of deceptive commercial practice by omission"
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/l6gAjvW6aqQ>

If that's true...

...provide a link to the actual source, Liar.

> With Apple finally admitting their guilt of a purposefully crafted criminal
> offense in France, you'd think their admission they intentionally secretly
> shortened the life of iPhones would grease the skids on the other lawsuits.

Apple never admitted guild, Liar.

> FACT:
> o Under French law it is a _crime_ to intentionally shorten lifespan
> of a product with the aim of making customers replace it.
> <https://i.postimg.cc/rszF8z5S/crime05.jpg>

That might be true... ...but since we cannot examine the source from a
screenshot, we cannot be sure of the veracity of the statement.

> FACT:
> o DGCRF, which is part of the French government, levied a _criminal_ fine:
> <https://i.postimg.cc/d11sJLYJ/crime02.jpg>

Techspot is not the French government and therefore cannot be taken with
examining the source...

...which you refuse to provide, Liar.

> FACT:
> o *Apple did not contest that _criminal_ fine the government levied*:
> <https://i.postimg.cc/HnL1QKxH/crime03.jpg>

Agreeing to pay is not the same thing as agreeing they committed a
crime, Liar. People settle disputes without admitting guilt all the
time, Liar.

> FACT:
> o *Apple accepted wrongdoing & said they will pay the _criminal_ fine*
> <https://i.postimg.cc/jjkFp5dV/crime04.jpg>

Techcrunch calls it a settlement, Liar; your own chosen sources are in
contradiction.

> Given that recent seminal development that Apple admitted to that crime...
> o You'd think that fact would further along the pending related lawsuits.

Apple didn't admit to a crime.

> JF Mezei has reported on the current status of the Canadian lawsuit:
> o Quebec class action goes ahead (battery gate)
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/jmDdZewelrk>

Then provide a direct link to what he said and show he had credible
sources, Liar.

Better yet, quote the actual sources.

> And Alan Browne reported on the final status of the American lawsuit:
> o Apple agrees to settle class action in US over throttling- $500M.
> <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/BR4edQQisYg>

Same thing.

> Where the facts are clearly shown in this post, if people believe facts:
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/0zzVpdtAa_k/sYYAq6p0AQAJ>

Provide a link to a single post, Liar...

...or is that too difficult for you?

> Given those facts...
> o Do you know of related lawsuits in other relevant developed countries?

Given that you declare as "fact" anything you want without providing
proof...

Arlen Holder

Jul 19, 2020, 2:15:06 PM7/19/20
UPDATE:
o How to submit your claim in Apple's half a billion dollar secret throtting settlement
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/wm-8YUKl5M0>

On Sun, 19 Jul 2020 12:44:53 -0500, Ant wrote:
> Shouldn't it be on Apple's web site instead like in the past?

Hi Ant,

I'm pretty sure it was specified in the legal agreement where it should be,
in terms of who "controls" the web site, where nobody on this planet trusts
Apple to do the right thing when it comes to this secret throttling that
Apple did to intentionally lessen the life of its customers' iPhones.

The fact Apple intentionally attempted to lower the life of your iPhone
secretly is what Apple is desperate for people not to realize, even though
only a fool would believe that Apple was up front (and plenty of Type III
apologists claimed Apple was upfront, even though it was later proven, in
court, that Apple lied as they secretly updated the release notes well
after the fact).

To your point though, I would think Apple "could" put a cross link to the
current penalty website on the Apple website, but bear in mind Apple is all
MARKETING, and, as such, Apple isn't stupid.

*Apple doesn't want to draw attention to the facts of what Apple did.*

Keep in mind, the _last_ thing Apple ever wants to do is draw ATTENTION to
the fact they essentially lied to everyone on the planet.

Apple doesn't want to draw attention, particularly, to the fact Apple lied
to their own admittedly loyal customers about _why_ they throttled iPhones.

In contrast to the USA legal agreement, what Apple was forced to do in
France was tell the truth on the Apple French web site that they shortened
the life of iPhones on purpose, not to protect anything as they repeatedly
lied about in the press - but specifically to shorten the life of iPhones.

Apple does not want to draw attention to the fact their intent was to
shorten the life of your iPhone without you realizing that's what they were
doing (that's why it was secret, after all).

The fact is the French authorities FORCED Apple to put their admission of
guilt for the criminal offense ON THE APPLE WEB SITE (but only for a
month).

I'm sure it's long gone, and, in fact, I suspect Apple deleted their
admission of criminal intent & guilt the microsecond after that month
expired.

What's left is clear and obvious public record that Apple paid a criminal
fine to the Paris prosecutor's office for their crime of intentionally and
secretly shortening the life of customers iPhones.

BTW, you can rest assured that's the BEST deal Apple's high-priced lawyers
could get from the fact they admitted criminal intent, given only a fool
would believe otherwise.

In the USA, given the criminal laws are different than in France, Apple got
away with lying to Congress (saying future iPhone throttling wasn't "as"
necessary, and yet, in every release since iOS 10, they've added throttling
to MORE AND MORE (and more) iPhone models.

In fact, this half a billion dollar agreement, IMHO, let's Apple off cheap,
in that Apple is now free to throttle EVERY iPhone ever made!

Woo hoo!

This is the best half billion dollars Apple _ever_ spent!

They can suddenly, completely arbitrarily, throttle any iPhone "after about
a year", which is _perfect_ for their MARKETING team.

a. Build a phone that has high speed, but only at first.
b. Then, after "about a year" throttle it to about half speed.
c. Then people will buy the _next_ "fast" iPhone
(which then gets throttled after about a year).

This is one of the most brilliant MARKETING moves Apple has ever made, IMHO
o What is the most brilliant marketing move Apple ever made?
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/wW-fu0jsvAU>
--
Never forget, while Apple is the lowest R&D in the industry, their
MARKETING is the finest on the planet (& its customers are utter fools).